In real life, imagine getting up close and personal with a "famous icon", snapping photos of yourself with your hero and touching famous stars from the world of sports, music, movies and more. Our 3,000-square-foot Mandarin Interactive Wax Museum will be one of just five in the world and will feature several exhibits with animated wax figures. They look so lifelike! Visitors are allowed to touch, talk, and take photos of the wax exhibits. All figures will react when people get close. Touch Jeremy Lin's basketball and he'll talk to you in his "linpossible" lingo.
Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the life and accomplishments of a famous star by pretending to be that person as an animated figure in the Mandarin Interactive Wax Museum. Students are able to give a 90-second speech about famous figure and construct a scrapbook that includes five students' speeches information.
Activities before the presentation:
1. Choose and research the life of a famous figure from your favorite hobbies.
2. Prepare a 90-second speech in Mandarin about the person’s life. All sentences should be in the present tense. If the person has died, pretend he/she is still alive. Rough draft of speech due on 3/12.Anyone who uses a translator of any kind will be marked down on this homework.
3. I recommend 中文泡泡http://popupchinese.com/chinese/dictionary to look up individual words or phrases. Please see the sentence starters in the next page that you know what information you must include.
4. Assemble a costume and some things that would be representative of the person’s life. Ex uniform, T-shirt, glove, hat, etc
5. Make a “button” – something the visitor to the museum can press to make you come alive and give your speech.
6. Memorize the speech you will be giving and practice it. Add some movements of your hands and body to accent your speech.
Activities the day of the presentation
1. The class will be divided into 2 groups. Both groups will present on the same day.
2. On your presentation day, come to class dressed as your icon figures. Bring your props and your button.
3. Go to the table indicted by the teacher. You must stand still until a museum visitor comes by and presses your button.
4. When your button is pressed, you must come to life and give your speech. You will give your speech at least 5 times, probably more.
5. 10% WILL BE DEDUCTED if you are not ready to present on your assigned day.